CALIFORNIA AUTO BODY BILL OF RIGHTS
A consumer is entitled to:
1. Select the auto body repair shop to repair auto body damage covered By the insurance company, an Insurance company shall not require the Repairs to be done at a specific auto body repair shop.
2. An itemized written estimate for auto body repairs and, upon completion of repairs, A detailed invoice. The estimate and invoice must include an itemized list of parts and labor along with the total price for all work. The estimate list and invoice must also identify all parts as New, Used, Aftermarket, Recondition or Rebuilt.
3. Be informed about coverage for towing and storage services. The insurer shall pay for reasonable towing and storage charges incurred by the insurered to protect the vehicle and storage charges so that the insured has time to remove the vehicle from storage.
4. Be informed about the extent of coverage, if any, for a replacement rental vehicle while a damaged vehicle is being repaired.
5. Be informed of where to report suspected fraud or other complaints and concerns about auto body repairs. Complaints within the juristiction of the Bureau of Automotive Repair.
Nobody can require you to have your car repaired at a specific body shop.
(Per SB551) Not even your insurance people. We will work with you and your insurance folks with a common goal, return your vehicle back to you in the condition it was in before the accident, Guaranteed! We will guarantee all our labor for as long as you own your vehicle. The Vigiani’s have been in the car repair business for 32 years, for your piece of mind. A list of your rights as stated by Consumer Affairs is listed below this estimate. Thank You in advance for your business.